1. Enable Virtual Cockpit (Required!)
Whenever you Start a flight, you must right click on the view and select "virtual cockpit."
2. Best Performance possible.
We strongly recommend that you set your target frame rate to a minimum of 30 frames per second.
3. MS FS2004 vs. FS2002
If you have software version 4.0 (or later), FS2004 no longer requires a DLL in the modules directory. Only FS2002 requires the DLL.
4. How to fix the conflict between TrackIR and Active camera 2004
First of all TrackIR generates its own head latency, which is natural. If Active Camera 2004 is installed its head latency is counteracting with TrackIRís natural head movement (one program is fighting the other).
If you use TrackIR along with Active Camera 2004 then simply disable the Active Camera 2004 head latency
option - which then makes an interesting use of the view presets, which is a nice complement to TrackIR.
In Spot plane view
Active Camera 2004 and TrackIR are working perfectly together. The same can be said for external pilot view
(easy to pan with TrackIR and walk with the number pad keys).
5. Non-English language versions of MSFS2004.
Make sure you have the standard language.dll installed with FS2004. Some custom versions of the DLL remove strings required by TrackIR.
Ensure that the notification messages in FS2004 are turned on. The notifications appear in the upper right corner in red when switching to the virtual cockpit. The setting is found in your fs9.cfg file located by default in:
c:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9
- We have tested support for FS2004 running the English, German, French, Italian and Spanish localized versions. If you are running the Japanese version and have problems, please contact us.
6. Known issue with "messagekill" application.
There is a known issue with the "Messagekill" utility for Flight Simulator 2004 which prevents the TrackIR version 4 software from working. Therefore, this utility should not be used if you wish to use the TrackIR for view control. If the "MessageKill" utility is patched so that it will not interfere with the TrackIR, then we will update this information.
7. Sofware version 3.13 issue only : TrackIR not working in Enhanced mode.
First make sure you are running the latest version of the NaturalPoint TrackIR software and that you have installed the TrackIr.dll file to your FS2004 MODULES dir as instructed when you installed the TIR software.
8. Head movement conflict with FSInn (online play).
The FSInn add-on from MCDU.com
includes an option
called "head effect" and "enable tilt" which conflict with the TrackIR's view control. These options should be deactivated.