Update (as of 2011):
6 DOF is now enabled with patch 4.11
. Install patch 4.11 to experience TrackIR with full 6 DOF support.
1. Ace Expansion Patch causes "Rear View" complication.
There is a problem with the new "rear view" in IL2:FB with the Aces add-on,
after the new patch (patchil2_aep_201.exe
) has been installed.
If you don't have the original "Linda Blair" view
enabled in the registry you will not
get the further back six view.
There is a easy temporary fix for this, that we have tested.
1. Shut down the NaturalPoint program and go into your registry,
look for TrackIR root key (note: it is advisible to backup your registry before making any modifications)
It will be located here : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NaturalPoint\NaturalPoint
2. The key name will be the version of the trackir software, for instance "V3.10 GX" for 3.10
Then scroll down and change the "1" to a "2", as in this example:
* TrackIR Enhanced View Range Limiting override
Added : 2.11
registry key name : "ViewLimiting"
registry key values : "1" = normal (restricted to "realistic" ranges)
"2" = open (larger range of motion)
2. Tips for getting better frame rates in IL-2 Stumovik: Forgotten Battles
Here are a few tried and tested tips to get your system running better, particularly if you are new to IL2:FB and TrackIR.
Keep in mind that IL2:FB is a 1.2 gigabyte game that really needs 512 ram to play at its best (as well as a good hardware video card).
A. Right click on your desktop and go to properties/settings/advanced - then, click on your video card tab.
1. Turn off antialiasing
2. Turn off anisotropic
3. Set mipmap detail level to: best performance
Next: Go to your IL2 setup program. You can go to the folder where the game is installed or go to: Start/All Programs/Ubi Soft/IL2 setup
Next, at the IL2 setup program, do this:
You should be playing IL2 at OpenGL and full screen. Next, set your video setting to 1152 x 864 16 bit colors.
At the video tab, your video card should be listed or you can click and set it to CUSTOM which will give you more options. So, at the custom screen set:
1. Texture mipmap to bilinear.
2. Texture compression to None.
3. The only boxes you need checked are: Use Dither, use vertex array, Multi-texture and combine.
3. Can I fly as pilot and rear gunner using TrackIR?
Yes, you can. In single play the other position will be controlled by the computer AI. In multiplayer cooperative mode you also may play for the rear gunner position, but in this case you can't switch your position to pilot. So you may start a cooperative mission only as pilot or only as gunner.