Jumpgate is a Massively Multiplayer Online Flight Simulator – set in space. It's not an MMORPG – it's an MMO space flight and combat game.
"Massively Multiplayer" means Jumpgate was originally written to handle thousands of players trading and fighting in the same virtual universe.
Jumpgate is an online-only, massively multiplayer space simulation in a persistent game universe. As the owner and pilot of a spacecraft, pilots acquire wealth and status by engaging in trade, mining, or combat with other TRI pilots and AI-controlled factions.
- Unique DANCER near-true-physics flight engine
- 3 playable factions with unique ships, equipment, and space stations
- Faction and squad-based PvP space combat
- Dynamic supply/demand driven economy
- Customizable, upgradeable player-owned stations
- 48 ships in 16 different hull classifications
- Over 160 sectors to explore in two different regions of space
- 27 alien opponents of varying difficulty
- Over 250 different pieces of equipment created from over 100 material types
- Over 200 medals to collect, and 20 unique titles to earn
- Useful artifacts found only through deep-space exploration
- Specialized mining vessels and equipment - refine ore into raw materials
- Procedural mission generator – including seven types of dynamic military missions
- Registry system allows pilots to fly as civilians, military, or pirates